Home Sweet Home away from Home

We have moved into our new home away from home here.  It is fancy for Ghana standards and the gardens and the pool make it gorgeous! The thing we are the most excited for though is the little space to play soccer and volleyball where we won’t be disturbing other apartment tenants. 

Also we love the community pool!

There are some amenities we miss here like clean water, a dryer and a dishwasher.  We did get a water filter installed yesterday though so we won’t go through as many water bottles.  The boys now all know how to hand wash dishes after dinner.  I’m becoming domesticated though as I hang laundry out to dry (Well at least I am on the days when the housekeeper doesn’t come. Then we are spoiled)

Beautiful sunset walking back to our place after a dip in the pool. 



Our beach day with friends. There are some beaches close but we drove an hour to Kokobrite their favorite beach and I’m glad we did!  It was shallow enough for all kids to play but had some great waves for boogie boarding and surfing.  Dylan is a natural and I tried- I’m not a natural though haha. It is my goal to be a surfer by the end of our stay here though!







Our new favorite treat to purchase at the roadside is fried plantains. This time the bags were stapled
 shut and it was hilarious watching these boys try to get access to their favorite snacks inside. 

Share the road haha. Check out the no forgiveness gutter on the right.  Almost all side roads have this fun drainage. it’s my fear I’ll cut a corner too sharp or get too close to the shoulder and end up driving right in one! I did see just that happen the other day and a group of people were trying to push the van back onto the road. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jaxon's 4!

Family Pictures